Hello! We are Jones Knowles Ritchie.
Since 1990, we’ve been helping some of the world’s biggest and best brands to grow. How? By creating, unlocking and enhancing their intrinsic charisma with our weapon of choice: great design. We’re independent, international… and hiring.
Strategy Director Role
We are looking for an experienced Strategy Director to work with a portfolio of iconic, global consumer brands. You will be responsible for developing brand strategies that challenge the category and create financial growth for our clients – and the agency. This is an exciting opportunity to rethink how brand design creates value in people’s lives, the boardroom and a more sustainable world. You will report to the Head of Strategy. Closing date for applications 7th November.
Build Senior Relationships – Become the trusted advisor to our clients, identifying the challenges, opportunities and insights that will drive long-term brand growth.
Partner with Client Services – Grow agency revenue and margin from JKR’s key clients, new business and strategic partnerships.
Create Brand Strategies – Answer bigger strategic questions, connecting brand objectives to a clear vision, purpose and plan – both for the brand portfolio and projects.
Define Brand Ideas and Innovation – Develop an understanding people’s motivations and behaviours to creatively define brand ideas that challenge the conventions of the category.
Collaborate with Designers – Be the steward of brand strategy through the design process, guiding the creation of charismatic brand identities and experiences.
Evolve our agency model – Bring fresh thinking and insights that improves JKR’s positioning, thought leadership, structure, processes, skillsets and tools.
Mentor strategists – Help the team deliver better work and develop their skills.
- 8 – 15 years’ experience of brand strategy for a leading agency, consultancy or brand.
- Passion for consumer brands, FMCG, grocery and retail.
- Track-record working with senior clients to unlock strategic opportunities.
- Practical understanding of brand strategy and innovation.
- Confident at simplifying and communicating strategic ideas.
- Expert at research, from category dynamics to semiotics and consumer insights.
- Understanding of the impact of technology on consumer brands and retail.
- Managing and delegating the strategic deliverables for projects.
- Experience of the key commercial aspects of a branding agency.
Pension - jkr will match your pension contribution between 3% and 7% of your salary
Private health care via Vitality
Discretionary annual bonus
Life assurance policy
Income protection policy
20 days holiday per year plus Christmas closing
Cycle to work scheme
Season Ticket Loan
Salary £85k+ depending upon experience