Human Resources Manager (HR Manager)
Hello! We are jones knowles ritchie
We are a global design agency with 26 years experience of helping brands grow and succeed through the medium of design. Proudly independent since 1990, we are answerable to our clients and their brands, not a corporate group or their shareholders. We focus relentlessly on doing one thing well – helping brands get noticed and chosen by amplifying what makes them unique. If a brand has visual equity we unlock it. If it hasn't, we create it.
Purpose of the role: to fully support the New York office in delivering proactive people strategies that align with our local business goals, and global vision for HR, through our talent
Remit: This person will be responsible for the day-to-day running of HR for the New York team, supporting in putting together the strategy and responsible for the delivery of people initiatives within the local office, in line with our global vision. They would be the go-to-person for all HR projects locally, and will work closely with the Global HR Director, the MD and local Management team to give them the support they need, while moving the agenda forward.
Reporting Line: Reports to New York MD, with dotted line to the Global HR Director
- Understands the role and value of HR within the strategic business context in order to support change and development
- Supports departments in the delivery of strategic people plans to fit with the overall business direction
- Supports in the delivery of strategic recommendations to MD and Management team based on data and insights
- Builds trust and gains commitment from local management and departments through objective thinking
- Supports the design and analysis of HR tools and data
- Champions the on-boarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision
- Writes and delivers HR induction for all new local employees
- Trains appraisers in how to deliver effective appraisals and use associated tools
- Can recognise good objectives, and support in the creation of good quality objectives for employees
- Run the payroll process in collaboration with Finance, ensuring accuracy and completion to deadline
- Review tools and measures for work standards
- Support departments with tools and measures to ensure work standards are understood, met and addressed effectively.
Learning and Development
- Work with Global HR Director and local HR teams to translate global vision for L&D into local plans, utilising key talent to write and deliver training where appropriate
- Partners department heads in capability led approach to job descriptions, objectives and training, in line with the global vision for L&D
- Sources training providers, managing supplier relationships and evaluating performance and ROI’s of each training programme
- Identifies internal trainers and mentors
- Provides tools and guidance to others to support evaluation and delivery of learning
- Inspires confidence and trust in ability to deliver good outcomes for employees and the business
- Improves key organisational outcomes by continually growing personal knowledge
- Leads employee relations in a collaborative and ethical way
- Adapt, implement and communicate HR policies locally
- Efficient use and review of IT systems and admin to enhance HR processes and enable the business to run smoothly.
- Listens actively and openly, demonstrating empathy and interpersonal skills
- Treats confidential information with the utmost respect, behaving in a discrete and ethical way
- Adapts communication style to audience and situation, whilst delivering a consistent message in the jkr tone of voice
- Facilitates discussions with objectivity, promoting positive outcomes
- Builds strong relationships with external suppliers, fostering trust and promoting collaboration
- Delivers well thought out, planned presentations, based on observations, evidence and/or theory
- Builds HR knowledge and outside the team e.g. processes and policies
- Displays integrity, honesty, reliability, responsiveness and openness to be trusted by internal teams and suppliers
- Actively appreciates colleagues to recognise and reward great work
- Manages conflict, leaning into issues as they arise
- Support teams in defining capability requirements Vs tasks, providing support in updating job descriptions
- Support in the delivery of competency based interviews and delivering high quality candidate experiences
- Knowledgeable of the sector and potential competitors for talent.
3-5 years experience in a generalist role/s good all round experience in employee lifecycle and performance management
SHRM certification and professional HR affiliations preferred
Experience of working in a small team, covering at least 50 staff, ideally in a creative industry, but at least experience in a business of our scale and/or an owner lead business
Candidates should show evidence of a strategic approach to talent, not just in solving challenges but in moving the agenda forward. Ideally have experience in contributing to, or implementing HR strategy in local market.
Resourcefulness, resilience and proactivity in getting to know the people and the business, in order to reach successful outcomes