1 Year Maternity leave contract starting May 2018
Hello! We are Jones Knowles Ritchie
We are an award-winning global design agency that believes in the power of design to help brands grow. By amplifying and celebrating what makes brands unique, we help them get noticed and chosen. We work for some of the most famous brands in the world out of our studios in New York, London, Singapore and Shanghai. We are 27 years young and proudly independent.
A vacancy has occurred within our fast-paced Reception team and we are looking for the right candidate to form a solid foundation and support the Reception Head with senior reception experience.
Reporting to: Reception Head
- Working on reception as part of a team. Team includes Reception Manager (2 days per week), Reception Head, Reception Senior and Receptionist.
- Daily working hours: Reception members works on a shift basis, either 0730- 1630, 0800-1700 or 0930-1830. (Rota to be decided on a monthly basis). Flexibility when needed for alternative working hours is essential.
JKR Reception Tasks
- Provide assistance and cover for the Hospitality Manager.
- Close working with the Caretaker.
- Key holder and responsible for opening the building (on occasions).
- Meet and greet clients, offer refreshments, take their coat etc
- Answer the switchboard, good telephone manner – all calls have to be announced and it is essential to take accurate messages and pass these on as quickly as possible.
- Reception purchase reconciliation and keeping up to date with daily and monthly accounting and expenses.
- Keep company car diary filled in and up to date with who’s taking it out
- Booking meeting rooms for studio staff and including all details of meetings, eg guests, catering requirements etc.
- Booking all couriers and cabs.
- Raising Purchase Orders and reconciling invoices for transport and kitchen supplies.
- Overlooking the checking the online Deliveroo account and updating all orders with a valid PO number (Full Time Receptionist role)
- Adding (and deleting) new members of staff to the Phone list cheat sheet, Deliveroo and the meeting room booking systems
- Raising PO’s for any staff cabs taken the previous evening
- Keeping a check on the JKR branded notepads and pencils, letting the Production Team know when we are running low
- Sending out an email to the studio every morning with regards to the clients that are in the studio that day.
- Running errands for reception/studio.
- Preparing meeting rooms and refreshments for meetings (in conjunction with hospitality manager).
- Set up video conferences, projectors and flip chats and clear away.
- Ordering stationery requests for the studio and assisting our stationery account manager with any queries.
- Ordering drinks, toiletries, alcohol, and kitchen supplies.
- Franking & distributing post.
- Ordering lunches & breakfasts for external meetings when requested.
- Keeping reception area tidy and desk organised & glass doors finger- print free.
- Keeping stationery cupboard tidy and up to date.
- Ad hoc admin Projects
- Occasional evening cover.
At least 2 years' reception experience
Experience in the creative industry
Ability to pre-empt situations before they arise
High level of attention to detail
Ability to problem solve, make the right decisions and communicate and implement solutions
Good judgement in a variety of situations
Strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organisational skills
Transparent in all communications with all levels of staff
Conveys credibility and maintains and positive, professional image - both internally and externally
A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification
Loyalty, honesty and reliability
A good sense of humour
Thrives in a busy reception with a fantastic welcome to clients and staff alike
Ability to make everyone feel special and welcome when visiting JKR.
Smart appearance, along with a high standard of personal grooming
Pension - JKR will match your pension contribution between 3% and 7% of your salary
20 days holiday per year plus Christmas closing